Image Map

Spring Soiree on a budget










This Spring I had the challenge to design the decor, table settings and food for an all-girls party.....on almost ZERO budget. I always like a challenge so I looked in my stash for supplies and my recipe books for inspiration and this is what we ended up with. It turned out very beautiful and very pink!

  • pink bread from granite bakery in salt lake (most bakeries will dye it for you as a special order)
  • filling for the tea sandwiches is one 8 oz cream cheese softened, one pkg of ranch dressing mixed in, spread on the bread and then layer sliced (very thin) cucumbers....amazing!!
  • tablecloths were dip dyed "ombre" it was so easy and they were some lace tablecloths from the 80's that I wanted to re-purpose
  • "yarn chandeliers" I found the idea at partiesforpennies  but it is all over the Internet..so cute and easy. I had to purchase the glue and 1 ball of yarn.
  • the cake in a jar idea came from dear lizzie
  • the place mats are pink construction paper that I bought for $2 for 50.
  • the plastic cup rims were dipped in water and then rolled in pink sugar (available at most cake and candy decorating stores)
  • the polka dot badges on the plates were made with cupcake liners, lace, vintage buttons and crepe paper.....we made 50 for about $3... a nice party favor


Any of these ideas would also be darling for a little girl's birthday party!


Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment